Program not backing up

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 6, 2007 at 12:19 AM
I've installed the program and set the parameters. When I click "backup posts," the screen grays out and it says "issuing first inquiry" at the bottom. Then nothing happens. There's no progress, nothing being saved. Suggestions?
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2007 at 2:01 PM

lbraith wrote:
I've installed the program and set the parameters. When I click "backup posts," the screen grays out and it says "issuing first inquiry" at the bottom. Then nothing happens. There's no progress, nothing being saved. Suggestions?

Can you please configure it just like you did above and then just prior to clicking Backup Posts button take a screenshot and email it to me? gduncan411<at>hotmail-dot-com? Please also include your blog URL...

What I'll likely do is give you newer version, with tracing/logged built in, so we can try to figure out what's going on...

Thanks
Jul 6, 2007 at 7:32 PM
Thanks. Sending it right now.

LB
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2007 at 9:56 PM
LB and I worked through the issue and she helped be determine that I wasn't cleaning up the blog title correctly.

That if "Add blog title to folder" was checked I wasn't cleaning up the title correctly; ensuring that all file system invalid characters were being removed (and replacing with the underscore character "_" ).

Once LB unchecked "Add blog title to folder" her backed completed with no further problems.

I'm working on an update that fixes this now...

Additional Background:
Previously I was just using IO.Path.GetInvalidPathChars as my list of "bad" characters.

The problem is that that list didn't include the many of the common "bad" characters, like :,*,|, ", etc

Now I'm using both the IO.Path.GetInvalidPathChars AND IO.Path.GetInvalidFileNameChars to ensure a blog title that's compatible with the file system
Coordinator
Jul 15, 2007 at 9:08 PM
This was fixed and released in the v1.0.3.x release...