HTML is borked

Topics: User Forum
Sep 30, 2007 at 8:41 PM
After doing a backup of all items to a file, I looked at the file in a text editor, and see that all of the HTML tags are broken. For example:
<content type="html">once upon a time<br />she wore wide belts across wide hips<br /> ...

Is there a way to keep the HTML in the content in the form it was on the blog itself?
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2007 at 9:41 PM
Currently the ATOM XML format it the only one available... BUT I do plan on adding additional formats in the future, including HTML (with both as plain, post only, and "as it looks on the web site" options)
Sep 30, 2007 at 10:17 PM
You may have misunderstood. Inside each entry in the Atom feed that is created is the content. The content is HTML. However, the HTML tags in the content that is being backed up is getting broken. In specific, the "<" and ">" is getting changed into their character entities.
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2007 at 12:06 PM
This is how the data is provided to me from the GData .Net component. Currently I just use its SaveToFile functionality and give I a file name...

When a backed up post is restored from a its XML file, it, and its HTML, is restored as it originally was, so I have to beleive the content tag output is working as intended by the GData team.
Oct 1, 2007 at 10:59 PM
OK, I see that now. I misunderstood how you/GData were quoting in the HTML. Thanks!