From BloggerBackup to Wordpress

Topics: User Forum
Jul 13, 2010 at 9:00 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Hi, I've downloaded BloggerBackup 1.0.9.23 some time ago and I've used it only to save posts.

2 days ago my blog was removed from Blogger team for Spam (???), but when I try to restore my old posts to another blog, I'm able to restore only 50 posts/day.

Is it possible to use BloggerBackup saved files to create posts directly in a Wordpress blog, with the Import function ?

Or is it possible to convert a list of BloggerBackup saved files to a Blogger "official" export file, to be able to use it on other platform ? 

Coordinator
Jul 13, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Sorry about the 50 post limit... That's imposed by Google/Blogger and there's nothing I can do about that.

The backups are just XML files, so just about anything can be done to them. Same for converting them to the official export format. I've not done either so really can't help much in that regard.

Faced with the same problem, I'd create an official Blogger Export and the compare that with the single Blogger Backup XML file and see what's different. Then you can tweak that file and go from there

The Blogger Backup XML files are generated by the Google GData component (i.e. it's not something I made up) so there shouldn't be much difference at all.