Unable to restore: Index was out of range

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 4, 2008 at 5:24 PM
When I am trying to restore one or more blog posts from backed posts, I am getting following message:

Error Posting to Blogger

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index.

Kindly advise as what should I do?

P K Kothari
Coordinator
May 4, 2008 at 6:55 PM
I've not seen this error before, so I'll need some additional information to try to figure out what's going on...

If you could please email me (gduncan411 at hotmail.com) the below info (as well as anything else that comes to mind), I'll see what I can do...

What version of the utility are you using?
What OS?
Can you email me a screenshot of the error?
Can you also email me the application logs? (Go to "Help/View Logs..." and zip up the files in that folder)
Also can you let me know the blog url your backed up from and also the blog url you were restoring too?
And if you're okay with it, can you also send me the XML file you were trying to restore?

Thanks,
Greg
Sep 24, 2008 at 11:48 PM
I've got the same problem. but it's just happening in one of my blog. I've try to restore the same blog post to another blog which is in the same account and it's work.
I'm using window xp with Blogger Backup version 1.0.9.22

I can send you some more information if you want to.

Thanks for your help.
Po Yee.
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2008 at 12:23 AM
Please download the latest version and see if that helps (1.0.9.23).

If you're still running into the error, please send me the informaion requested about (to the email address mentioned above as well)...

Thanks,
Greg
Nov 2, 2008 at 1:43 PM
Hi, I'm trying to restore just one of my posts and I'm getting the exact same error:

"Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.  Parameter name: Index."

I am using the latest version of blogger backup: 1.0.9.23

I have Windows XP.

Any ideas for me?  Thanks!
zebragirl

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2008 at 4:43 PM
If you could please email me (gduncan411 at hotmail.com) the below info (as well as anything else that comes to mind), I'll see what I can do...

Can you email me a screenshot of the error?
Can you also email me the application logs? (Go to "Help/View Logs..." and zip up the files in that folder)
Also can you let me know the blog url your backed up from and also the blog url you were restoring too?
If you're okay with it, can you also send me the XML file you were trying to restore?
If you're okay with it, can you also send me your BBSettings file? (The file where you saved blog settings too, usually saved to youy My Documents and called BloggerBackup.BBSettings)

Thanks,
Greg
Nov 3, 2008 at 2:20 PM
Greg, I'll get that all out to you, though it won't be today.  I sure appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Tracy
Nov 6, 2008 at 12:12 PM
Greg, I just wanted to let you know I just sent you all the information you requested.  Thought I'd tell you here because hotmail sometimes dumps files with attachments into the spam folder, in which case you'd never see it!

Let me know what else you might need from me.  Many thanks!
Tracy