Newbie question: Display the xml output? ("there is no style sheet connected to this XML file")

Topics: User Forum
Dec 18, 2008 at 9:32 PM
This program works like a charm, it's exactly what I wanted. Thanks a lot!

However, I'm too newbie to get my browsers (Firefox 3, IE 7) to display the resulting xml file in any way other than the "tree" form. IE does nothing else except ask me to activate an ActiveX element, Firefox says that "there is no style sheet connected to this XML file".

Could please, please, please someone put me onto how to connect my blogger style sheet to the file Blogger Backup produces, so that I can display my blog offline in an browser (and print it and give it away for Xmas, which is why I'm in a hurry ;-) ...)

Thanks a lot, and kudos for the work that goes into something as neat as this.

All the best, Nordic

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2008 at 8:57 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Have I got a deal for you... ;)

Please contact me at gduncan411 at hotmail dot com and I'll send you the v1.5 alpha version.

In v1.5 you can backup your blog as not only xml files (which you can use to restore the post as needed) but also as human readable MHT (think Save Page as Web Archive/MHT), simple HTML (just the post in plain boring html), Full HTML (i.e. looks pretty much like it does on your blog), etc.

In your case, you might want the MHT option in that it creates a single file with all the content in it, which looks just like it does online, yet works offline and can be emailed to others.

Again, shoot me a line and I'll send you the v1.5 alpha. :)

Thanks,
Greg