Execution of request failed

Topics: User Forum
Apr 11, 2009 at 3:04 AM
I am trying to restore some posts.  After I choose the posts to restore and hit ok, and error box pops up "Execution of request failed".

Nothing tells me why it failed, just that it failed.  This has happened multiple times tonight, now hoping someone may have some ideas?

Thanks,  October
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2009 at 5:51 PM
Edited Apr 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM
If you could send me a screenshot of the application, of the error, your BBSettings file (usually stored in your My Documents) and the logs (via Help/Application Logs) all zipped up I'll take a look and see what I can do...

gduncan411 at hotmail dot com

Thanks,
Greg
Apr 13, 2009 at 4:18 AM
Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate your help.  I don't really know much about zipping files, but I am sending my best attempts.  I hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks, Willow

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 10:51 AM, gduncan411 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

If you could send me a screenshot of the application, of the error, your BBSettings file (usually stored in your My Documents) and the logs (via Help/Application Logs) all zipped up I'll take a look and see what I can do...

Thanks,
Greg

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (bloggerbackup@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email bloggerbackup@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 13, 2009 at 4:34 AM
Hi Greg,

I am making another attempt to send the files zipped.  I downloaded a 7zip utility, but I don't seem to be able to open those.  It looks like I can zip the files by right clicking, then compressing.  I will try to send all of them by this method. 

Thank you for your patience, as I try to get the information to you in the manner you requested.

Willow

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 9:18 PM, October <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate your help.  I don't really know much about zipping files, but I am sending my best attempts.  I hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks, Willow

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 10:51 AM, gduncan411 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks,
Greg

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (bloggerbackup@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email bloggerbackup@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 14, 2009 at 8:47 PM
Hi Greg,

I am totally discouraged with my blog.  I hope you have not spent any time trying to figure out what has happened why I cannot restore my posts.

I have made a decision to stop blogging, and have taken my blog down.  Also I have uninstalled Blogger Backup.  I had backed up my blog with the export to .xml file function in blogger also, and could not restore it from there either.  I just do not have the time or energy to correct the problems and keep it up.

I am sorry for any inconvenience I have caused to you.  Maybe you can use the info I sent you to help improve the blogger backup software.

Sincerely,  Willow

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 9:34 PM, October <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Greg,

I am making another attempt to send the files zipped.  I downloaded a 7zip utility, but I don't seem to be able to open those.  It looks like I can zip the files by right clicking, then compressing.  I will try to send all of them by this method. 

Thank you for your patience, as I try to get the information to you in the manner you requested.

Willow

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 9:18 PM, October <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Greg,

Thanks, Willow

Thanks,
Greg

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2009 at 8:50 PM

I'm sorry to hear that... But thank you VERY much for taking the time that you did to report the issue and provide what you did...

Thanks and take care,

Greg

Oct 25, 2009 at 9:33 PM

I have the same problem (Error : Execution of request failed: http://www.blogger.com/feeds/3534124135013415942/posts/default). I backed up about 300 posts, and can't restore them at all!

Please, give me any help!